[Interest] how to link my own GLib build to a Qt 6.4 build?

Dennis Luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Wed Nov 9 11:01:07 CET 2022

i want to test building with TSAN that means i should also build Glib
with TSAN
- that works but i can't make the Qt 6.4 configure to use my own Glib built

the are my build-steps (without TSAN currently)

mkdir ~/qt6_dev

building Glib

cd ~/qt6_dev
git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib.git
cd glib
git checkout 2.72.1
cd ..
mkdir glib-build
cd glib-build
meson setup ../glib -Dbuildtype=debug
meson compile

builds the Glib library without problems

then i try to make my Glib visible to Qt configure using

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/qt6_dev/glib-build/glib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

cd ~/qt6_dev
git clone git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git qt6
cd qt6
git checkout v6.4.0
perl init-repository
cd ..
mkdir qt6-build
cd qt6-build
../qt6/qtbase/configure -debug -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests
cmake --build . --parallel 2

but configure still finds my systems Glib

-- Found GLIB2: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so

is there a configure setting to select a different Glib?