[Interest] Can't build with Qt 6.4.1 for Android

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 18 18:27:22 CET 2022

On Friday, 18 November 2022 09:16:04 PST Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> I've checked: I don't have this
> C:\Users\alexa\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\ndk\23.1.7779620/toolchains/llvm/pr
> ebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib.
>

> The only ranlib there is llvm-ranlib.exe.
>
> Is it Qt bug? Android NDK bug? My setup config bug?

(Guessing here)

Setup problem. The SDK/NDK must have changed and dropped the old GNU-style
triple-named executables in favour of only the LLVM ones. That means you must
update your CMake toolchain file to explain how to run this ranlib, or inform
CMake that running ranlib isn't necessary.

It isn't necessary to run ranlib if the ar command that created the .a file had
the "s" option. Looking at the rules.ninja that CMake created here, it opts to
use both:

rule CXX_STATIC_LIBRARY_LINKER__Bootstrap_Debug
  command = $PRE_LINK && /usr/bin/cmake -E rm -f $TARGET_FILE && /usr/bin/ar
qc $TARGET_FILE $LINK_FLAGS $in && /usr/bin/ranlib $TARGET_FILE && $POST_BUILD

It could simply have used "qcs" instead of "qc" in the ar command and not run
ranlib.