[Interest] Can't build with Qt 6.4.1 for Android

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 18 22:31:18 CET 2022

On Friday, 18 November 2022 09:34:22 PST Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> I use Qt Creator and qmake. I never used cmake...

Looks like it's a left-over in the qmake mkspec then.
mkspecs/features/android/default_pre.prf has:

QMAKE_RANLIB            = $${CROSS_COMPILE}ranlib

Which is the file you're trying to use and doesn't exist. However, it's not
necessary to run it, because AR is already using "s". In
mkspecs/android-clang/qmake.conf:

QMAKE_AR         = $$NDK_LLVM_PATH/bin/llvm-ar cqs

Try deleting that line from default_pre.prf.

> Why does not Qt Creator know about these changed in NDK 23? How could
> 6.4.1 be release then if Qt Creator does not support it...

I guess no one tested it. How old is NDK 23?