[Interest] Building Qt for Android with SSL (ie. how to avoid QT_NO_SSL define)

Kari Pahula kaol at iki.fi
Sun Nov 27 20:28:15 CET 2022

Replying to myself: I figured it out.  I'm documenting this for
posterity's sake.

I found the right clues at https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-96663

First off, Qt's build isn't idempotent.  The variables and flags have
to be right on the first try or it will forever get the config with no
OpenSSL from some cache instead.  It has to be with a freshly
extracted dir.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 06:44:52PM +0200, Kari Pahula wrote:
> I've tried it with -openssl-runtime OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=$SSL_PREFIX but
> the configure script will still have "OpenSSL ... no" in its status
> display.

The right syntax for this was:

-openssl-runtime yes -- -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=$SSL_PREFIX -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=$SSL_PREFIX/include