[Interest] Qt + Go + Android

Kyle Nusbaum kjn at 9project.net
Thu Oct 13 19:29:49 CEST 2022

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm happy to get any Qt running on android. I don't need the specific UT or qml-go setup. They just looked like promising leads.

I'm not as worried about upgrading Go (it has very strong backwards-compatibility guarantees) as Qt itself.
My major concern (Not sure if i'm right) is the cross-compilation. I'm trying to build for ARM on my amd64 machine, so not sure what all needs to be installed.
When compiling qml-go locally with go build, it's fine. However, gomobile seems to fail, missing some Qt headers. They're under /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/, so cross-compilation was my suspicion. Also not sure gomobile is the right tool, but thought I would give it a shot. I may just have to figure out how to compile this and put together an APK more or less by hand.

-- Kyle

---- On Sun, 09 Oct 2022 09:24:19 -0500 Maurice Kalinowski <Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io> wrote ---

Hi,

admittedly, I have no experience with this project…

Are you trying to get the exact same configuration working like in the documentation?

If not, then I assume you need to find an iterative way. The repo states go 1.2, while 1.19 is quite some version jump.

Even more so, it mentions Qt 5.0/5.1 which is around 10 years ago by now. One approach would be to try 5.15 first, or move go to a latest
 stage with the old Qt version. Only afterwards try to upgrade the other (which might reveal other cross issues then again). Also moving to Qt 6 directly could have some additional effort.

BR,

Maurice