[Interest] Is 6.x finally there ??

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Fri Oct 21 16:00:43 CEST 2022

> On 20 Oct 2022, at 22:35, Scott Bloom <scott at towel42.com> wrote:
>
> I haven’t been following the 6.x progress very much.  Only because it was clear 6.0 and 6.1 were not ready to replace all the functionality of 5.x
>
> However, with 6.4 it appears that all functionality that is going to be brought forward, has been completed.  Is that true? Or is there sill chunks of 5.x missing (that will be brought forward) ?
>
> Scott

Hi Scott,

The only module that is not officially available in Qt 6 yet, and that we still want to bring back in some form, is Qt Location. Work is progressing on that module [1].

[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-96795

There are some modules that currently live only in Qt5Compat, such as Qt Graphical Effects. We’re working on a replacement for that as well [2], addressing some of the deficiencies of it Qt Graphical Effects, but if you were happy with things in Qt 5, then the types in Qt5Compat as they are are perfectly fine to use.

[2] https://www.qt.io/blog/introducing-qt-quick-effect-maker

So, unless you depend on Qt Location, there’s no point in waiting. And if you do - we’ll soon share more updates on our blog.

Volker