[Interest] [External] Re: Issue building Qt from source

Sean Murphy Sean.M.Murphy at us.kbr.com
Tue Oct 25 18:48:27 CEST 2022

> Use ninja install instead of cmake --install .
>
> That's why the configure script summary output says ninja install as well.

Thanks for that! I didn't notice that the script told me to use
"ninja install" after configure finished. I had it in my head to
use "cmake --install .", which partially works, but obviously doesn't
do everything.

Would it be possible to at minimum have this page updated to include that
Information, https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/windows-building.html? For whatever
reason, that documentation just ends at the configure step and doesn't
really talk through much of the rest of the process.

Sean

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential information, privileged information and/or trade secrets for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.