[Interest] QSystemTrayIcon::messageClicked bug?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 28 04:48:41 CEST 2022

On Thursday, 27 October 2022 19:29:49 PDT Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Docs states:
>
> "This signal is emitted when the message displayed using showMessage
> <https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.12/qsystemtrayicon.html#showMessage>()
> was clicked by the user."
>
> I don't call showMessage. However, I'm getting this signal when I click
> on notification message displayed by other applications! This is a very
> undesired and unexpected behavior.
>
> This happens under Linux (Ubuntu) only. Is this a bug? I'm using Qt 5.12.12.

We need to know if this is using the old X protocol or the new D-Bus one.

If it's the new D-Bus one, the "qt.qpa.tray" logging category can help you.
Turn it on by setting the QT_LOGGING_RULES variable in the environment before
you launch your application:

QT_LOGGING_RULES=qt.qpa.tray.debug=true

See if it prints a message from QDBusTrayIcon::actionInvoked.