[Interest] Use SQLite math functions (-DSQLITE_ENABLE_MATH_FUNCTIONS) like sin and cos?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 20:01:28 CET 2022

Am 26.10.22 um 19:35 schrieb Mike Chinander:
> I think it would be nice to have these math functions generally
> available in queries, but I would like to point out that in your
> example code, the angle you are taking the cosine of is a constant
> rather than a value retrieved from the DB.

Uhm... yeah ;)

Maybe I should have used the well-known value "42" to make it more
obvious that this query was merely meant for "illustrative purposes" ;)
It is not my "real-world query", to be clear.

Cheers, Oliver

P.S. But indeed, I used this query to quickly test the existence of
"math functions" via "DB Browser for SQLite". The used "hard-coded"
coordinates are *very* roughly where I live ;)