[Interest] qt_add_qml_module and not embedding QML files

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:55:38 CET 2022

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 at 16:29, Ulf Hermann via Interest <
interest at qt-project.org> wrote:

> > I cannot use qmlpreview, as I usually need to have the full application
> > running.
>
> You can run any application through QML preview. In Qt Creator (in
> contrast to Qt Design Studio), the option is a bit hidden: There is a
> "QML Preview" Option in the build menu. Use that to start the
> application. You can then right click on any QML file in the project
> tree and "Preview file".

I did not know about that, it looks nice.
But... it does not work with my application, it gets stuck at "QML
Debugger: Connecting to socket"
I tried with the nanobrowser example, the qml reload works but the Qt
WebEngine part does not work.

Also I like to have the option to only reload the QML after triggering a
build, or at least after saving all files, not every time I type a
character.

As it is, it is not usable for me for the main project I work on.
I'll use it for smaller projects though.

Regards

Benjamin