[Interest] Scripting within Qt6 and QJSEngine

Filippo Rusconi listes.rusconi at laposte.net
Mon Sep 26 17:47:32 CEST 2022

Greetings,

my C++ software program (GUI) was scriptable using the QtScript module of Qt5.

I now would like to build it using Qt6 and to take the opportunity of the port
to transition towards QJSEngine (QtScript is being deprecated).

I searched around for a tutorial about converting a QtScript project to
QJSEngine but failed to find any.

For example, I was looking for the new class that would replace the QScriptClass
class.

Are there any lessons about transitioning from QtScript to QJSEngine that I
might have overlooked?

Thanks for any help,

Sincerely,
Filipp