[Interest] [External] Re: Question about QFutureWatcher<void> monitoring a QFuture<T>

Sean Murphy Sean.M.Murphy at us.kbr.com
Thu Sep 29 14:35:27 CEST 2022

> I'm not a QtConcurrent expert, but it looks like the reason
> for the error message is that an implicit conversion between
> QFuture<void> and QFuture<T> was removed in Qt 6. The
> recommended approach is to explicitly use a corresponding
> QFuture<void> constructor.
>
> See the details in the documentation: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtcore-changes-qt6.html#implicit-conversions-between-qfuture-and-other-types

Thanks for the link! I had never stumbled across the
"Changes to <Qt Module Name>" sections of the docs, so now
I've got a whole bunch of new reading to do!

Sean
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential information, privileged information and/or trade secrets for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.