[Interest] Webp files and QMimeType

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 18:28:31 CEST 2023

Lars Knoll wrote on 20230411::16:40:08 re: "Re: [Interest] Webp files and QMimeType"

>Mime types are determined from the mime database package. By default Qt uses a copy of the freedesktop.org package. It lives in qtbase/src/corelib/mimetypes/mime. Just copying the content of that directory from a newer Qt version over to the one you’re using might help.

Thanks, but isn't that built-in information overridden by the shared-mime-info database if it exists? Also, isn't that database concerned exclusively with file extensions? When I use `QMimeDatabase::MatchExtension` I do get the correct type, but not with `QMimeDatabase::MatchContent` ...

Cheers,
R.