[Interest] Need some help tracking down an issue

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Fri Apr 14 20:42:38 CEST 2023

This is PART of the problem… I was able to fix it.

Basically, as a duplicate is found, the UI creates a QStandardItem for the model.  The first column if its an image file, will show an icon.

The creating of the QIcon itself was causing a gui lock up ☹  Because Qt uses the global threadpool to convert the files data into a qimage.

I was able to fix that by pushing the icon loading to later, but Ill likely use a different threadpool for my side.

But, while its loading and computing, the UI is getting updated, however its not responding to any clicks at all.
Scott