[Interest] Default stack size of QThread

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 28 19:05:14 CEST 2023

On Monday, 28 August 2023 05:08:25 PDT Ramakanth Kesireddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Qt 5.15.x through yocto Dunfell on embedded Linux.
>
> Any thoughts on default stack thread size of QThread would be great if it
> would be 1-2MB.

Why do you want that? This either indicates you don't understand how memory
management works on Linux or you have a different problem that needs fixing.

If you really want this, then QThread doesn't enforce any limit. Please
consult the documentation for the pthread_create() function on how how it
determines the default stack size. For glibc, it uses the RLIMIT_STACK
resource limit.