[Interest] Packaging Qt6 application using conda-build

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Dec 26 15:29:52 CET 2023

Not really sure if this is good place to ask but I'll try anyways.

I am trying to package up our Qt6 based application using conda-build. The
issue that I think I am running into is this warning message during the
conda-build process.

```

WARNING: The install/build script(s) for simplnx deleted the following
files (from dependencies) from the prefix:
['bin/Linguist6', 'bin/Assistant6', 'bin/qdbusviewer6',
'bin/pixeltool6', 'bin/Designer6']This will cause the post-link checks
to mis-report. Please try not to delete and files (DSOs in particular)
from the prefix
```

and later on I then get this "test" failure.

I have looked through “conda” trying to find out how to put those
dependencies in but at the moment I can’t even find a conda package that
would install QtDesigner, QtAssistant and the other “missing” libraries.
This is on macOS (intel and silicon variants). It seems to be happy on
Windows.

I’ve tried all sorts of versions of conda, conda-build, mamba, boa,
conda-build. Different versions of Qt6 (6.5.x and 6.6).

I’m not sure if this is a bug somewhere, user error on my part or how to
fix this issue. The repo is at GitHub - BlueQuartzSoftware/simplnx: The
backend algorithms and framework associated with DREAM3DNX, a data analysis
program for materials science data analytics
<https://www.github.com/bluequartzsoftware/simplnx> and the recipe
directory is in the top level “conda” directory.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to shed some light on what I am probably
doing wrong.

--
Mike Jackson