[Interest] QtCreator - CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH with multiple paths

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Thu Feb 9 17:06:14 CET 2023

On 02/09/2023 16:58, Nuno Santos wrote:
> Cristian,
>
> Are you able to do this in the QtCreator build settings?
>
> Because for me it gets red and it
>

> And then it does not work at all:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:16 (find_package):
>   By not providing "FindQt6.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
>   asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt6", but
>   CMake did not find one.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Nuno

This means that your Qt doesn't have a Qt version associated and the
resolve of %{Qt:QT_INSTALL_PREFIX} results in an empty string.

This is how it looks for me for Qt Creator.

The red string in the/"Initial Configuration" /marks the fact that the
value of the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable from the Kit differs from the
one in the /"//Initial Configuration"/ dialog.

The /"Current Configuration"/ dialog contains the resolved value of
%{Qt:QT_INSTALL_PREFIX} with the path from the Qt version of my Kit.

Cheers,
Cristian.