[Interest] QSharedMemory::create returns out of resources errors on a few macOS machines

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 12:04:05 CEST 2023

Hello,

Some rare uses keeps reporting that our app can't start due to this error.

We use QSharedMemory to keep track of running instances of our app.

It seems this is can be a known issue due to macOS limits. Here an
article on how to lift them:
http://www.spy-hill.com/help/apple/SharedMemory.html

However... Did anybody here experience the same issue?

All I can think for now is that it's caused by some buggy software which
exhausted macOS limits so our app can't function normally.