[Interest] Application stack traces are not seen using Massif with Qt debug symbols

Ramakanth Kesireddy rama.kesi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 19:11:55 CEST 2023

Though am able to get application stack traces while running in debug mode
with Qt(debug) and massif, it aborts the application while launching app.
It does works fine when used with Qt 5.15 online commercial installer.

QCoreApplication::installTranslator().
ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication::sendEvent: "Cannot send events to
objects owned by a different thread. Current thread 0x0x55a25cfacea0.
Receiver '' (of type 'QApplication') was created in thread
0x0x55a25cf32ef0", file kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp, line 553
Aborted (core dumped)

Can anyone let me know if there is any issue with the below configure line
which causes the assert error on ubuntu 20.04 with Qt 5.15.8?

./configure -commercial -confirm-license -debug -prefix
/home/install/target/qt5.15.8 -bundled-xcb-xinput -skip qt3d -skip
qtactiveqt -skip qtandroidextras -skip qtcanvas3d -skip qtconnectivity \
-skip qtlocation -skip qtlottie -skip qtpurchasing -skip qtscxml -skip
qtspeech -skip qtmultimedia -skip qtscript -skip qtserialbus -skip
qtsensors -skip qtwebglplugin -skip qtdatavis3d \
-skip qtgamepad -skip qtquick3d -skip qtquicktimeline -skip qtwayland -skip
qtwebsockets -skip qtwebview -skip qtwebengine -skip qtwebchannel -skip
qtwinextras \
-skip qtx11extras -skip qtmacextras -skip qtxmlpatterns -skip qtsvg -nomake
tools -nomake tests -nomake examples -no-compile-examples -reduce-exports
-no-use-gold-linker -no-iconv -no-harfbuzz \
-skip qtandroidextras -skip qtnetworkauth -no-openssl -no-pch -no-zlib
-qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -system-sqlite -feature-accessibility -v

Best Regards,
Ramakanth