[Interest] Void pointers for Mac ARM

Turtle Creek Software support at turtlesoft.com
Sat Jun 17 19:09:42 CEST 2023

Our app contains some old C-ish C++ code from an early 90's database called
NeoAccess. It often uses function pointers with void pointers as
parameters.  Their code works OK for Mac & Windows, when built with the
latest Qt5 on Intel.

The code also builds OK with the latest Qt6, but running it on an M1 Mac
gives run-time errors. Void pointers to structs and objects don't cast
properly and stay null.  We haven't tried Qt6 on Windows yet but will do
that soon.

Any ideas on how to fix it?  We've abandoned NeoAccess for our new app but
still need it to convert data from existing files.  Rewriting their code is
a nightmare.

Thanks,
Casey McDermott
TurtleSoft.com