[Interest] QDateTime::fromString does not work with Qt::RFC2822Date

Axel Spoerl axel.spoerl at qt.io
Mon Jun 19 13:27:03 CEST 2023

Hi Alexander,
the reason for the assertion is the "GMT" string. RFC2822 expects the time zone to be specified as an offset from UTC (e.g. "-0200"). If no offset is specified, the timezone is assumed to be UTC.
UTC (or GMT) as an explicit specification as a string would not make much sense and is therefore not tolerated.
That's the format, QDateTime::fromString() accepts.
Not sure, if and why UTC/GMT was accepted prior Qt 6, if that's a bug or even a regression. I'll check this and respond to the Jira ticket.
Cheers
Axel