[Interest] running Qt main event loop in secondary thread

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Tue Mar 28 15:24:30 CEST 2023

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 3:04 AM Samuel Gaist <samuel.gaist at idiap.ch> wrote:

> Did you consider the use of pytest-qt[0] ?

I did indeed, but it seems its functionality isn't entirely suitable for my
needs: I really do need to run the event loop continuously in the
background (rather than occasionally running `processEvents()`) as my app
contains a number of (Qt) state machines whose states are driven by network
traffic. pytest-qt appears to be focused on QWidgets, while my app doesn't
use widgets (the GUI is managed using QML; the objects I really want to
inspect in the test are QObjects but not QWidgets.

Thanks,