[Interest] Qt classes to print email to pdf from message in mbox format?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 17:28:59 CET 2023

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking a while to collect information for an upcoming
project. I have not seen a similar topic, so I'm going to ask...

I have a collection of email messages in mbox format. I obtain them
from GMail, and Export Data operation. I can parse them into
individual messages. For each message, I need to virtually display
them in a Html-like view, and then print them to a pdf.

Lurking and Google search is not turning up useful results. I saw KDE
has some gear, like KMBox::MBox, but I want to stay in Qt.

My question is, does Qt offer any support for mbox format? Or rich
email messages?

Or do I need to extract the html parts of the message, and then supply
a string to QTextBrowser?

Jeff