[Interest] Modeless dialog issue on Mac

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at kdab.com
Tue Nov 14 16:21:56 CET 2023

> On 14. Nov 2023, at 11:49, Calogero Mauceri <mauceri at actgate.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have the following problem with dialogs on the Mac.
>
> I have a main window/dialog and I am opening a modeless dialog, I need to have both the main window/dialog and the modeless dialog visible at the same time.
> I create the modeless dialog as simple as this
>
> QDialog* myDialog = new QDialog(this);

What is “this” here? The main window? I’ve seen these problems (unexpected window stacking) on Mac more than elsewhere when no parent/the wrong parent was passed, but can’t remember seeing it when passing the main window. (Haven’t done much macOS/Widget development recently though)

—
Frank Gonçalves Osterfeld | frank.osterfeld at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer & Teamlead
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group Company
Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts