[Interest] Modeless dialog issue on Mac

Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:14:23 CET 2023

> Am 15.11.2023 um 11:01 schrieb Calogero Mauceri <mauceri at actgate.com>:
>
> The problem of using Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint is that the dialog stays on top of any desktop application

Yes, that‘s exactly the intention of this flag and that is exactly the use case of my application („Sky Dolly“ (open source) is a flight recorder that can - optionally - „stay on top“ of all other desktop applications, specifically MS Flight Simulator that often is running in „full screen“).

But I understand your use case better now, and yes, it is different from mine. However I don‘t know any „top of application (only)“ flag myself (not saying that Qt doesn’t provide such a flag - I just don’t know).

Cheers,
  Oliver