[Interest] Modeless dialog issue on Mac

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Wed Nov 15 23:13:28 CET 2023

On 15/11/23 21:01, Calogero Mauceri wrote:
> The problem of using Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint is that the dialog stays
> on top of any desktop application while it has to be on top of the
> application level only. Here is what I mean

We grappled with this too. It actually worked well in earlier versions
of Qt (a long time ago).

We worked around it by watching for application state change events and
dynamically removing the WindowStaysOnTop flag when the application
loses focus.

Tor writes that this is normal behaviour on macOS, but it's not
consistent with other Qt platforms.

Hamish