[Interest] Guidance Needed for Cross-Platform Rich Text Document Development

xmokay xmokay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 17:33:51 CEST 2023

 Dear Qt Interest Mailing List,

I am planning to develop a rich document editor application that needs to
work across *mobile *and *PC *platforms. The content it should support is
similar to QTextDocument,* with the ability to extend support for more
objects such as formulas, charts, and so forth.*

I am currently considering the following approaches:

    1. Using QML and extending the TextArea component, though I'm not
certain whether it supports the extended custom object, and how to
implement it
    2. Using QWidget and QTextDocument. However, I am concerned about
potential issues in adapting this for mobile platforms.
    3. Any other better alternatives that you could recommend.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Nolan