[Interest] The incredible shrinking dialogue

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Sat Oct 14 12:13:17 CEST 2023

On 13 Oct 2023, at 09:36, David C. Partridge <david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

An application I own has a custom dual progress dialogue.    It has worked without problem since 15.5 up until 6.5.1 inclusive.

If we build using 6.5.3 (or 6.6), and run the application, then when we minimise/restore the main window the dlg vertical size is reduced, clipping the content.  If you repeat the minimise/restore a couple of times, then all the is left of the dlg is the title bar.

We’re prepared for it to be our problem rather than a Qt problem, but haven’t any ideas on how to determine what’s causing this strange behaviour.

Suggestions of how we can debug this will be most welcome.  Trivial test cases don’t appear to show the problem.

Thanks, David

Hi David,

Which platform is this one, and what window flags are you using? Given that behavior changed between Qt releases, a JIRA ticket with the relevant details would be good.

Cheers,
Volker