[Interest] Problems with qt_add_qml_module

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Mon Oct 23 21:51:18 CEST 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to create a QML extension module using CMake, and I've run into
some road blocks.
I want to create a QML module including a "plugin", based on my own code
rather than an auto-generated plugin stub.

I assume I'll have to define my own plugin target and then use
`target_include_directories()`, `target_link_libraries()` etc. to specify
how to compile and link it.
What are the appropriate options to be used with `qt_add_qml_module()` to
make that module target aware of my plugin ? I tried to follow the
documentation and use
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6.5/qt-add-qml-module.html#no-create-plugin-target,
but this results in an error as `target_link_libraries()` is used multiple
times for the same target, i.e. apparently `qt_add_qml_module()` is calling
it itself, despite my using `NO_CREATE_PLUGIN_TARGET`.
Am I missing something, or is this a bug ?

Are there any examples that demonstrate how to use `qt_add_qml_module()`
with a custom (non-trivial) plugin ?

Thanks.