[Interest] sharing singleton instance between C++ and QML

Mike Trahearn mtrahearn at topcon.com
Thu Oct 26 14:26:25 CEST 2023

Thanks Ulf.

QTBUG-116432 wasn't the thing I'd alluded to, actually it was something I came across with some older code which had also the use of Q_GLOBAL_STATIC which demands public ctors. The QML engine did not call the supplied create function but the public ctor. The same class having its instance () method called will result in ... Another instance. Just another example of the mess you can get into when, as you said, you don't know what you (or the engine) is doing or, in this case the guy who hadn't broken past the C++11 barrier.