[Interest] How does using `-platform offscreen` affect network communication?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 8 16:56:50 CEST 2023

On Friday, 8 September 2023 05:06:15 PDT Siddh Raman Pant wrote:
> Hi,
> What could be the reason it is not connecting offscreen? How does
> using offscreen platform affect network communication?

It does not. You'll need to debug the application to find out
a) is it attempting to connect
b) is the server listening in the address you've tried to connect to
c) is the application getting an error? Or is it a timeout?

You said "local (mumble) server", so I'm assuming it's an AF_LOCAL socket. If
so, make sure that you're running in the same network namespace and using the
same filesystem namespace.