[Interest] How to prevent large qml forms from hitting javascript stack size?

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Mon Sep 11 09:47:22 CEST 2023

> 775k objects, the form is split into smaller pieces mentioned as
> Components to load when needed, but qml engine traverses it all
> completely and reserves full memory seemingly

Finally, if you really, really want this, you can patch Qt to produce a
QV4::ArrayObject on the JavaScript heap rather than just bumping the
stack. Using the JavaScript heap comes with a performance penalty for
the normal use case, though. If it's behind a switch that enables it
only for insane amounts of objects, I will accept such a thing, though.

best regards,
Ulf