[Interest] Qt 6.5.2: QTreeView::isExpanded() not working?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Sep 12 23:39:33 CEST 2023

I have some custom painting code for a QTreeView, so I created the

VXPipelineModelItemDelegate : public QStyledItemDelegate
```

To do the custom painting. All is generally good. The issue I am facing
with Qt 6.5.2 (macOS) is that when try to call m_TreeView (which is the
pointer to QTreeView that is being painted, when I ask
m_TreeView->isExpanded(index) (and index is valid because everything else
that depends on it being valid is painted) it *always* comes back false.
Even when I am clicking on the index in the UI it always comes back false.
I will assume this is user error at this point rather than a bug in Qt
6.5.2. Anyone have any thoughts?

  if(m_TreeView->isExpanded(index)) // <<=== Always false
  {

  }

Thoughts? Besides putting together a minimal example and submitting?
—
Mike Jackson