[Interest] macOS QWidget::createWindowContainer() broken in Qt 6.5.1 and 6.5.2

Jonas Kvinge jonaski at opensuse.org
Tue Sep 19 12:05:41 CEST 2023

Hi,

A native NSSearchField on macOS that is added through
QWidget::createWindowContainer() is invisible in both Qt 6.5.1 and
6.5.2, while it worked in Qt 6.5.0. It also works in dev and the latest
6.6 beta, so the bug seems to be already fixed.
However, I can't find a bug report for it, or the commit sha for the
fixes. Could someone tell me the commit sha that I need to apply or
revert on 6.5.2 fix this, or can I workaround the bug in my own code()?
I thought I would wait for 6.5.3 and try but since that's delayed and
still not released I can no longer wait.

Jonas