[Interest] App release

Turtle Creek Software support at turtlesoft.com
Wed Apr 3 15:33:56 CEST 2024

Yes, that is correct: it's a closed-source app. The plan was to have an
initial free beta period using open-source Qt, then switch to a commercial
Qt license when the paid version is ready.  Getting bug reports is worth
the loss of a few possible sales.

However, if Qt Group wants to back-charge for the development period as
Thiago mentions, then we'll probably just stick with the open-source Qt
license.

Is it cool to ask about hiring subcontractors on this forum?  The
command-line app build process sure isn't beginner friendly.  Probably best
done by someone experienced with it.

Thanks,
Casey McDermott
TurtleSoft.com

*> I'll let Casey confirm, but the way understood it, the license switch
question was regarding the license under which they use Qt.*
*> I.e. they were planning on*
*> - Freeware but closed sourced/proprietary license for app + Qt under
LGPL during beta phase*
*> - Commercial/proprietary licemse for app + Qt under commercial license
when they're out of beta and ready to make money*
*> So the app would never be open source.*
*> Please confirm Casey.*