[Interest] Android Qt 6.6 -> 6.7 - Android Manifest - extract style - allowNativeHeapPointerTagging

Assam Boudjelthia assam.boudjelthia at qt.io
Tue Apr 16 16:50:10 CEST 2024

Hi,

For the pointerTagging, that’s removed because it’s not needed anymore as it was fixed in QTBUG-91150 but the flag was left out during the fix in 6.5 and was not needed anymore.

For 'android.app.extract_android_style', it has been set to minimal by default in a previous version after QTBUG-71590 because the Android theme on widgets is not stable making it the de facto default after that fix, and in Qt 6.7, that’s removed to keep the manifest lightweight and not have to carry that in every single app’s manifest.

So your app, should work the same way between 6.7 and 6.6 in regard to those flags.

Best regards,
Assam