[Interest] Android Build fails with Gradle qtGradlePluginType

Marius Kittler mkittler at suse.de
Tue Jul 23 20:09:21 CEST 2024

Hi,

the packaging you mentioned (and that I maintain) worked for me last time I
tried. Be sure to use Java 17 to workaround https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/
QTBUG-119223 (although the error message in your case looks a bit different).

Otherwise you probably need to find out how to get a more verbose error
message. Maybe you can also share your code with us so we can spot possible
mistakes.

Example build commands I used to build one of my apps using the mentioned
packaging (contains "export …" command to use Java 17):
https://github.com/Martchus/passwordmanager?tab=readme-ov-file#concrete-example-of-3-for-building-an-android-apk-under-arch-linux

You can also inspect the other files in that repo to see what you might be
missing but the app unfortunately requires Kirigami so you won't be able to
build it. So you probably better checkout one of the Qt examples that also
come with Android support and cross-check whether you can build those (using
similar commands).

Here is also an example CMake preset to use the packaging (which makes it very
convenient to use):
https://github.com/Martchus/cpp-utilities/blob/
9a1a4fb80bd9a3feb841507503c479a2195ded54/CMakePresets.json#L379

Best Regards
Marius