[Interest] QTextStream problem

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 31 16:40:52 CEST 2024

On Wednesday 31 July 2024 05:16:49 GMT-7 Turtle Creek Software wrote:
> The data files may have any of 3 possible line endings, depending on
> whether they were made on Windows or old/new Macs.  The one we tested with
> must have been created on an older Mac with just CR.

Those are not supported and I don't think they've ever been. That's not
considered text by Qt.

> Seems to me that QTextStream::readAll should read all the text, like the
> name says. Let the user process line endings.  Ditto for
> QTextStream::read.  Actually readLine also breaks, because CRs are stripped
> before it parses lines.

Feel free to turn off line-ending automatic fixing. QTextStream honours the
QIODevice::isTextModeEnabled() and QIODevice::Text flag.

> If existing users rely on CR-zapping, then at least add a mention in the
> docs and/or a way to control it.

Right, the documentation doesn't explain what line endings are supported.
  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Platform & System Engineering