[Interest] Error when configuring Qt 6.X.Y to build from source on Windows with -openssl-linked

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Wed Jun 26 15:23:46 CEST 2024

Hi,

I’ve been building Qt 6.X.Y successfully from the source on Windows with the following configuration command:

configure.bat -prefix C:\Qt\6.6.3\msvc2019_static -static -static-runtime -debug-and-release -nomake examples -nomake tests -nomake benchmarks -nomake manual-tests -nomake minimal-static-tests -openssl-linked -qtnamespace com_imaginando_qt_6_6_3 -- -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR="C:\Qt-Utils\openssl" -DOPENSSL_USE_STATIC_LIBS=TRUE

But today, after installing MSVC on a new machine with a different because I need to test with a different graphics card, I got:

CMake Error at qtbase/cmake/QtBuildInformation.cmake:523 (message):
  Feature "openssl": Forcing to "ON" breaks its condition:

      QT_FEATURE_openssl_runtime OR QT_FEATURE_openssl_linked

  Condition values dump:

      QT_FEATURE_openssl_runtime = "OFF"
      QT_FEATURE_openssl_linked = "OFF"

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  qtbase/cmake/QtFeature.cmake:317 (qt_configure_add_report_error)
  qtbase/cmake/QtFeature.cmake:437 (qt_feature_check_and_save_internal_value)
  qtbase/cmake/QtFeature.cmake:706 (qt_evaluate_feature)
  qtbase/cmake/QtBaseGlobalTargets.cmake:109 (qt_feature_module_end)
  qtbase/CMakeLists.txt:143 (include)

First I thought it was a CMake version problem so I have installed CMake 3.25.1 the same version of the machine I have made this same build a couple of days ago.

But even with CMake 3.25.1 it fails to configure in the same way. The only difference is probably the MSVC19 version because it was installed today on this machine.

Can someone please advise what is wrong with the configure line?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Nuno