[Interest] OpenGL rendering in two separate windows in a Qt Quick application

Thomas Sevaldrud thomas at silentwings.no
Mon Mar 4 14:01:58 CET 2024

Hi, I have an application which has custom OpenGL rendering through a QQuickFramebufferObject and corresponding Renderer in a Qt Quick Window.

Now, I need to open a second window which should use the same mechanism to render the scene from a different viewpoint.

This works nicely on MacOS, but fails with a white window on Windows 11. I get a GL_INVALID_OPERATION_ERROR when trying to bind an FBO from the second window which was created in the first. I was thinking that there might be some differences in how MacOS and Windows handle context sharing, but I have tried setting a global shared context using the Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts flag, and I have also tried creating my own share context. I have verified that the current context in each window has the same share context, but none of this seems to have any effect.

This is on Qt 6.6.2

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Thomas