[Qt-l10n] Is someone working on qtcreator's Simplified Chinese translation?

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Thu Apr 15 11:16:20 CEST 2010

hi,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:52:00AM +0200, ext Chloe Rei wrote:
> If not. I want to do this job.

you have it.

> I have no experience on translation , so efficiency would be slow.

don't worry. and value quality over speed.

> Should I fork qtcreator branch 1.3.1 on gitorious and then submit a merge
> requests about my translation? ( I have seen wiki,and has experience on git.
> But still not very clear about Process)

yes, you need to clone the creator repo on gitorious and later do a merge
request.
you may translate the 1.3 branch if you wish to, but there will be no
further 1.3 releases by nokia. there is a good chance that linux
packagers would pick it up, though.
preferably, translate the current master branch which is going to become the
2.0 release sometimes soon. note however that we are not in string
freeze yet, so a few strings would go to waste, and some will be still
missing. string freeze will be announced about two weeks before entering
the final release stage (which *may* be as soon as in two weeks).