[Qt-l10n] Length variants in qt

ivan.castane-capel at nokia.com ivan.castane-capel at nokia.com
Thu Sep 16 19:18:56 CEST 2010

Hi all!

I'm part of a team in Nokia that is developing TDriver (previously MATTI), a GUI/API driven test automation tool for QT applications  and other platforms and we just hit some issues to do with localization and internationalization features of QT.

We are just extending our tool to allow for localized tests including the plurality and length-variant features. However we just noticed some unexpected behavior when using length variants and I could not find documentation for it in the qt literature.

To be more specific: we have a few users with localized applications that make use of the <lengthvariant> translation feature defined in the ts file dtd. We've seen that sometimes (or all, we just got some reports) the text attribute of widgets with more than one length variant contains all of the variants using the special char defined in the sources of linguist tools ("oe") as separator. I'm now trying to understand if that is the expected behavior and if so what should we change to keep our tool working.

Could anyone from this list shed some light to this issue?

Thanks in advance!
ivan