[Localization] How to contribute transaltion

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Dec 3 10:43:48 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 06:48:26PM +0100, zdenko podobny wrote:
>    3. I add my translation (qtbase_sk.ts) to translations directory and I
>    tried to run 'make commit-ts' as suggested in wiki[1]. Unfortunately there
>    is not such target (make: *** No rule to make target `commit-ts'.  Stop.)
>    ;-)

that obviously doesn't work before you actually create makefiles. which
you do by running the qmake coming from qtbase. hmm - that sounds a bit
suboptimal, indeed. i should write batch files for that instead.

>    4. So I add my translation to git and make commit:
>    git add -N translations/qtbase_sk.ts

when you do a direct commit, the -N is a "tad" counterproductive.
try "git show".

>    5. Then I tried to push my contribution:
>    git push ssh://
>    zdenop at codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qttranslations.gitHEAD:refs/for/master
>
> Unfortunately it was rejected:

master is closed. submit for stable.