[Localization] Starting Finnish translation of Qt

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Jan 13 16:28:42 CET 2014

hi,

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 12:21:24AM +0200, Lasse Liehu wrote:
> I'm starting to translate Qt into Finnish.

excellent!

> I’m hoping that previous Finnish translators of Qt in KDE will be ok
> with copying their work into Qt Project.

there be dragons (because of the qt-project CLA) ...

> How should they be asked? Is it enough if I contact people mentioned
> in translation file headers privately by email? Or do you need it done
> some other way so that their agreement is not just my word?

mail their list, plus cc all people you find in the svn history of that
file (which should include everybody from the team currently registered
on http://i18n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=fi ). if there is a
single no or non-response, you have a problem.

to have their approval "on paper", we can invite them to the gerrit
review, or link to their mailing list archive if they reply publicly.