[Localization] How to get a test locale like kde's x-test loaded by Qt

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Thu Oct 16 16:38:03 CEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 12:26:57PM +0200, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> But that is just an ugly hack to ensure it works and it is nor fair to misuse
> locale zu/Zulu for this purpose.

indeed.

> Is there any equivalent to the KDE locale x-test already in Qt and I did not
> find it or how to get catalogs from locale named x-test loaded by Qt?

i'm not aware of such a thing.

qt leaves loading the catalogs to the user code, which typically uses
QLocale. this does indeed mean that support for a test locale would need
to be added to QLocale. discussing this is kind of out of scope for this
list. i suggest you check the bugtracker and create a new task as
necessary. make sure to make me aware of it, so i can try to kick a few
relevant people.