[Localization] Need some help on how to proceed

Josep Ma. Ferrer txemaq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:47:15 CEST 2014

El 24-09-14, a les 10:18, Freek va escriure:
> I have an account on github.
> I know a bit about configuring ~/.gitconfig
> I have a procedure to get untranslated .ts files and convert them into .pot
> files.
> So I can translate them into .po files.
> When the above .ts files change I know how to get my .po files updated.
> I probably know how to convert these .po files into translated .ts files.
> However I lack the knowledge to proceed using git en gerrit.
> Who can help me with a cookbook recipe.

I'm one step further, so I can tell you what I did until now:

0) The github repository is not an option, so we need to setup the "git"
option. The most important sources of information were:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Localization
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Contribution-Guidelines
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Gerrit_Introduction (this is the key!)

1) Clone qttranslations repository from git:

$ git clone ssh://<user>@codereview.qt-project.org/qt/qttranslations.git
Cloning into 'qttranslations'...
remote: Counting objects: 933, done
remote: Finding sources: 100% (933/933)
Receiving objects: 100% (933/933), 4.46 MiB | 871 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (668/668), done.

2) Setting up a commit message hook

$ cd qttranslations
$ scp -P 29418 <username>@codereview.qt-project.org:hooks/commit-msg
.git/hooks

3) Adding new translated files (previously, I added the translated .ts files
into local qttranslations/translations directory):

$ cd translations
$ git add qt_ca.ts qtbase_ca.ts qtmultimedia_ca.ts qtquick1_ca.ts
qtscript_ca.ts qtxmlpatterns_ca.ts

4) Commit

$ git config --global user.name 'Josep Ma. Ferrer'
$ git config --global user.email xxxxxx at xmail.com

$ git commit -m 'New Catalan translation of qtbase' -m 'This contains
translations by me and Annnnn Bmmm (xxxxxxxxxx at yahoo.com)' -m 'from whom I
have permission to commit this to Qt.'
[5.3 de8b372] New Catalan translation of qtbase
 6 files changed, 12760 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 translations/qt_ca.ts
 create mode 100644 translations/qtbase_ca.ts
 create mode 100644 translations/qtmultimedia_ca.ts
 create mode 100644 translations/qtquick1_ca.ts
 create mode 100644 translations/qtscript_ca.ts
 create mode 100644 translations/qtxmlpatterns_ca.ts

5) Push

$ git push ssh://<username>@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qttranslations
HEAD:refs/for/5.3
Counting objects: 11, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (9/9), done.
Writing objects: 100% (9/9), 68.44 KiB, done.
Total 9 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (4/4)
remote: Processing changes: new: 1, refs: 1, done
remote:
remote: New Changes:
remote:   https://codereview.qt-project.org/95606
remote:
To ssh://txemaq@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qttranslations
 * [new branch]      HEAD -> refs/for/5.3

6) Requesting and receiving contribution feedback (http://qt-
project.org/wiki/Gerrit_Introduction). Now, I'm waiting for the peers review:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/95606/

	It's my first git push, maybe there are better ways to do all the work.

	Don't hesitate to ask any question.

	Best regards,

	Josep Ma. Ferrer