[Localization] Icelandic translations for Qt

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Tue Jan 12 11:09:10 CET 2016

Hello,

I'd like to get Icelandic (is, is_IS) into available Qt-translations.

I have already done the first 3 steps described in
<http://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines#Localization_to_Other_Languages>:

Gerrit/Jira username: sveinki

I've been active translator/coordinator of several FOSS-projects for
roughly 10 years now. My involvement in KDE has has of course made me
aware of the Qt-localization project, and now with the KF5 development,
time has come to act.
Unfortunately I'm more of a language-geek than a programming-nerd, so
bear with me; my knowledge of git/gerrit is very basic so nice concise
guidance would be needed to start the processes.

First a couple of questions:

- In Qt 5.6, the most important/used template would be qtbase, right?
- Which of the other ones are the most visible to common users in
general usage?

Already qmlviewer, qtquickcontrols, and qtscript are at 100% translated
to Icelandic, just a little reviewing might get qtbase up to 50% and
linguist is not far behind.

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli