[Localization] Helping on French translation

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:17:52 CET 2022

Hi,

Le mar. 6 déc. 2022 à 10:39, Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de>
a écrit :

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 07:19:39PM +0100, Johnny Jazeix wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I'm part of the French KDE translation team and some of us would like to
> >help translate Qt as
>
> >we found several strings not translated
> >
> that's hardly surprising, given that nobody touched the translation for
> years. a full overhaul would be in order.
>
> >As written in https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Localization, how are we supposed
> >translate?
> >
> what is the wiki unclear about?

I would add a link on how to build Qt at the line "This assumes you have Qt
built.". This is explained in the Qt Contribution Guide but I didn't take a
look there at first, so maybe a direct link to
https://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_6_from_Git would help?

>Should we use gerrit or transifex?
> >
> whatever you like, but final review is on gerrit.
>
> >Which branch (should we
> >duplicate the work in Qt6/Qt5)?
> >
> you should start with the oldest one that is relevant to you, so
> presumably 5.15.

Ok, it's maybe early to talk about it, but for Qt6, would I need to report
manually the changes or is there a more automatic way?

Thanks!