[Localization] Dear Qt Team, I would like to contribute the translation of "Chinese (Taiwan)" to Qt/QtCreator.

Haowei Hsu hwhsu1231 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 13:23:19 CET 2023

Excuse me, Eike.

I need some help and instructions.

I have basically completed the relevant setups mentioned in the following
links:

   - Setting up Gerrit - Qt Wiki
   <https://wiki.qt.io/Setting_up_Gerrit#How_to_get_started_-_Gerrit_registration>
   - Qt Contribution Guidelines - Qt Wiki
   <https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contribution_Guidelines>

The steps I have completed are:

   1. Create a Qt account
   2. Setup the Gerrit account
   3. Git Clone the source code from
   https://code.qt.io/qt-creator/qt-creator.git
   4. Setup Gerrit git remote
   https://codereview.qt-project.org/a/qt-creator/qt-creator
   5. Setup git hooks by copying commit-msg
   <https://codereview.qt-project.org/tools/hooks/commit-msg> into
   *.git/hooks* directory

In addition, to facilitate the commit of changes, I have installed and
configured the VSCode extension VSCode-Gerrit
<https://github.com/SanderRonde/VSCode-Gerrit>.
And it seems that this extension has *successfully* connected to the Qt
Gerrit Git remote.The following is the screenshot:

[image: image.png]

There is an issue that I posted in Qt Bug Tracker before: QTCREATORBUG-27422
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-27422>
*And I want to commit a change to close it.*
The followings are the steps that I've done in the local currently:

   1. Replace all the string *"除錯"* by the string *"偵錯"* in
   *qtcreator_zh_TW.ts* of *10.0* branch
   2. Stage the modification that I did (not yet commit to the local repo)

What should I do next?
What commit messages should I write in this commit?
What should I do to push the commit into the Gerrit remote?
If possible, I want to use VSCode-Gerrit to do so.

*Note:*
Since this is my first commit to the Qt Project, I don't want to mess up
anything.
Can you tell me what should I do to complete the rest of the work?
Thank you.
---
Haowei Hsu

Haowei Hsu <hwhsu1231 at gmail.com> 於 2023年3月14日 週二 下午7:32寫道: