[PySide] animate QStackedLayout?

Aaron Richiger a.richi at bluewin.ch
Wed Apr 4 11:06:52 CEST 2012

Hello frank!

I just changed your code a little with overwriting QStackedWidget. But
for your purpose, QtStackedWidget seems the wrong widget for me, because
it's designed to always show only one widget at a time, but what you
want (I guess) is having a short moment where you see the old page
sliding out and the new one already behind. You could do so by
implementing your own StackedWidget. Please note, that my quick and
dirty version is just a possibility to solve your issue, but there are
probably more elegant ways to do so (QtAnimation, QtQuick) with less
overhead. You get the code here:

http://pastebin.com/BLWdryVa

I hope, this gives you a rough idea of this possibility!

Cheers
aaron